director and scriptwriter
Rođen u Beogradu 1957. Diplomirao Istoriju umjetnosti na beogradskom Filozofskom fakultetu 1982. Između 1977. i 1980. boravio u Minhenu u okviru stipendiranja Goethe Instituta. Po povratku u Beograd radio kao filmski kritičar. Od 1984. radio kao scenarista i reditelj dugometražnih igranih i dokumentarnih filmova. 2003. osniva nezavisnu produkcijsku kuću “Nama Film”. Njegovi filmovi su distribuisani širo svijeta i prikazivani unutar takmičarske selekcije mnogih velikih festivala. Dobitnik više od 30 filmskih nagrada. Član je Evropske filmske akademije, u Berlinu i Udruženja filmskih umetnika Srbije.
Goran trenutno živi u radi u Beogradu kao nezavisni stvaralac.
Režirao je, napisao i producirao sledeć naslove:
2008 The Ambulance
2005 Chicken Elections
2003 CASTING – A South East Europe Transition Film
2001 OTPOR: The Fight To Save Serbia
2000 Model House
1999 My country – for internal use only
1996 Second Circle
1994 Columba Urbica
1988 Voigtlaender, 1896.
Goran has also written scripts for the feature Oktoberfest, televison play Byzantium 1988 and animation The Cross, the Square, the Circle of Kasimir Malevich
Goran is giving lectures, master classes and workshops at numerous Universities, Filmschools and festivals all around the world
Retrospective of films of Goran Radovanovic took place in Barcelona 2005.and Mexico City 2007.
Filmovi su mu prikazivani unutar zvaničnih selekcija mnogih festivala (Mannheim, Moscow, Amsterdam, Torino, Tampere, Cracow, Vancouver, Hamburg, Lisbon, Umea, Bombay, Gyoer, Kosice, Potsdam, Trieste, Osnabruck, Prix Italia, Neubrandeburg, Augsburg , New York, Dallas, North Carolina, Kansas City, Geneva, Oberhausen, Jerusalem, Barcelona, Rhode Island, Rome, Seattle, Austin, Toronto, Kassel, Basel, Milan, Samos, Kyoto, Prague, Bochum, Thessalonica, San Antonio, Frankfurt, Zurich, Prague, Voladero, Edmonton, Istanbul, Bratislava, Kyoto, Boston, Durham, NC, Grand Canaries, BAM- Brooklyn, Ibiza, Karlsruhe, Tokyo, Locarno, Frankfurt, Warsaw, Lublin, Huesca, Chicago, Singapore, Modena, Bologna, Sarajevo, Motovun, Sofia, Montecatini Terme, Los Angeles, Madrid, Vienna, Aland -Finland, Kiev, Bucharest, Brussels, Trivandrum, Bangalore, Tui-Spain, Oxford, Philadelphia, Washington D.C, Tel Aviv, Alba – Italy, Wiesbaden, Utrecht, Bodrum, Taiwan, Novosibirsk, Mexico City etc).
35. Taiwan International Documentary Festival, PTS Audience Choice Award for
“Chicken Elections”, October 2006
34. 8. AVANCA 2006, Special Mention, Portugal, July 2006
33. Grand Prix for “Chicken Elections, “Flahertiana”, Perm, Russia, 2006
32. The City of Belgrade Award for outstanding film achievement in 2006 for
31. Audience Award for “Chicken Elections”VERA International Documentary Film
Festival, Aland, Finland, March 2006,
30. Silver Wolf Nomination at IDFA 2005 for “Chicken Elections”, Amsterdam,
29. 52nd International Belgrade Documentary and Short Film Festival, April 2005,
Award of Belgrade critics and journalists for “Chicken Elections”
28. 52nd International Belgrade Documentary and Short Film Festival, April 2005,
FIPRESCI AWARD for “Chicken Elections”
27. 52nd International Belgrade Documentary and Short Film Festival, April 2005, Best
National Film for “Chicken Elections”
26. “PLAY DOC” – 1st International Documentary Film Festival, Tui, Spain, March
2005, Grand Prix for CASTING
25. Documenta Madrid, May 2004, the prize for “Best Social Values” for “CASTING”
24.”Sofia International Film Festival, March 2004, THE BITTER CUP AWARD FOR
BEST DOCUMENTARY of the Journalism and Mass Communication Faculty at
the St. Kliment Okhridsky Sofia University for “Casting”
23. Tokyo Video Festival, March 2002, Video Communication Award for “Model
22. Alternative Film Festival, Picciano (PE) Italy, October 2001 – special mention for
21. International Bochumer Video Festival (Germany), May 2001 – the best
video for “Model House”
20. ALTER-NATIVE 8, Romania, November 2000, The Best non-fiction Film
for “My country (for internal use only)”
19. Gava International Environmental Film Festival, Barcelona, October 2000, The Best
Documentary Film for “My country (for internal use only)”
18. “Festival International of Video and Multimedia”, Canaria, Spain, October 2000.
The Best documentary Film for “My country (for internal use only)”
17. The best international film for “My country (for internal use only)” at
“Cinematexas”, Austin, USA, October 2000
16. The best documentary for “My country (for internal use only)”,Seattle Summer
Film and Video Festival, USA, July 2000
15. Special prize for “My country (for internal use only)”, Archipelago – Festival of
Short Films & New Images”, Rome 2000
14. The best film (premio Giampaolo Bernagozzi) for “My country (for internal use
only)” , Montecatini Terme, ItalyJuly 2000
13. The best film for “My country (for internal use only)”,San Antonio,USA, June 2000
12.The best documentary for “My country (for internal use only)”, “Elektrozine”, Ibiza,
11.Special prize for “My country (for internal use only)”, at 16.North-South Media
Festival, Geneve 2000
10.The Best foreign Film for “My country (for internal use only)”, Carolina Film and
Video Festival, 2000
9. National documentary prize for “My country (for internal use only)”, Kansas City
Filmmakers Jubilee, 2000.
8. Special prize for the documentary “Second circle” at the Independent Television
Festival in Kosice (Slovakia
7.Cerificate of merit for “Columba urbica”, Hamburg, 1996
6.Best minority film for “Columba urbica” at Mediawave, Gyoer, 1996
5.Special prize for “Columba urbica” at the VII Documentary Film Festival Malaposta-Lisbon, 1996.
4.The best short film at Cinema Giovani for “Columba urbica”, Torino, 1995.
3.Gold medal of the city of Belgrade as best director for the documentary “Columba urbica” at the Festival of Documentary and Short Metre Film in Belgrade, 1994.
2. First prize for the screenplay of the TV film “Vizantija 1988.” at the Yugoslav
competition organized by Sarajevo TV in 1987.
1. Second prize for the screenplay of the feature film “Oktoberfest” at National Feature
Film Festival in Vrnjacka banja, 1987.