Yes, DukaFest is still here!
Although all forms of government and cultural institutions have denied us any kind of financial support, again, thanks to enthusiasm of Banja Luka Art Academy’s young filmmakers – DukaFest 2011 will be held!
With that said, the applications are now open. The rules are as following:
- Movie, with which the author applies, is shot during the studies, wether the author is still a student or has graduated.
- Movie must not be older than 2010.
- Movie is to be sent on a DVD or a DV cassette, or uploaded via internet to our FTP or host of choice.
- Movie which is not of English speaking teritories must be titled in English language.
- Applicaton is considered complete if the online application is filled out by 25th of October AND if the movie is received by November the 1st.
- Movies received within the deadline will be distributed into competition or revial programmes by selection.
- Movies received after the deadline will be taken into consideration for the next year issue of the Festival, if they still satisfy the age regulation.
- The Festival will give awards for the best fiction, the best documentary movie, the best directing and the best editing award.
- The Festival is not obliged to return received movies.
- The Festival has rights for the screenings and usage of received movies or parts of them for purpose of promotion of the Festival, the authors themselves and their work in printed, internet and broadcasted media.
Because of the financial conditions mentioned before, this year’s issue of the festival is more or less a review. There will be symbolic awards for the winning films. As usual, the festival is held in mid November with 15th of November as a closing day. Final program for the screenings and music concerts will be announced later.